Vacancy for Sikh priest/religious worker
(Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara Bradford)
3 Priest/religious worker positions are available at Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be experienced in the reading of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Paat (Akhand Paat and Sehj Paat). Must be experienced in shabd Kirtan, Ardas and in delivery of sermons to the Sangat (congregation) as well as weekly Divaan delivery. Must be Amritdhari (Baptised Sikh).
- Must have detailed knowledge of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and be able to clearly share this knowledge with Sangat.
- Duties will also include undertaking of Anand Karaj (wedding), funeral and all other religious duties within the Gurdwara Sahib.
- Must be confident and competent in Kirtan, as well as the playing of tabla and harmonium.
- Must follow all Sikh Maryada and be DBS/police checked and provide evidence.
- Must support in Kitchen duties as required.
Wage Level will be discussed in terms of experience and qualification. Benefits include: free accommodation and langar (food) within the Gurdwara Sahib. Preference will be given to someone who is also fluent in English.
How to apply
Please send CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara, 39 Gobind Marg, Bradford, BD3 9JN.
For initial discussions please speak to Kashmir Singh Ghuman; 07891691855
or Head Giani Gurmit Singh 07400696967.
Closing date for applications is: 24/10/2021