ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ
Saadh Sangat Ji,
REOPENING OF THE GURDWARA – PHASE 1
SATURDAY 20TH JUNE, 11AM – 1PM
You will be pleased to hear that the Managing Committee, Trustees and Sewadaars have been busy preparing for the reopening of the Gurdwara Sahib since the announcement recently made by the Government.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NOT ALL GURDWARA SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THIS FIRST REOPENING AND DURING THIS INITIAL PHASE, THE SANGAT WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO DO GURU JI’S DARSHAN.
Following the Managing Committee meeting last Friday, it has been agreed that as a trial the Gurdwara will open on this SATURDAY 20TH JUNE between the hours of 11am until 1pm.
This is so that the planning that has taken place in the background can be actioned and evidenced in readiness for further changes to be announced by the Government.
During this time there will be no congregational prayer, no mass gatherings or programmes. Langar will NOT be served until further notice.
THE FOLLOWING POINTS MUST BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED BY ALL THOSE ATTENDING THE GURDWARA:
1. If you or someone you live with has a high temperature, a continuous cough, a loss of taste or smell YOU MUST NOT LEAVE YOUR HOME AND VISIT THE GURDWARA
2. If you suffer from a chronic illness (diabetes, heart disease or stroke, respiratory disease, cancer diagnosis), are pregnant or are self-isolating YOU MUST NOT LEAVE YOUR HOME AND VISIT THE GURDWARA
3. To help minimise the risk of the disease spreading YOU MUST REFRAIN FROM USING PUBLIC TRANSPORT IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON VISITING THE GURDWARA
4. PLEASE COVER YOUR MOUTH with a mask, scarf, chunni or parna where possible.
5. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN PARNA, RUMAAL, CHUNNI as there will be none available at the Gurdwara
6. Please be respectful to the Sewadaars and be patient to ensure the safety of all present
7. There is a one way system in place, if unsure please follow the signs or ask a Sewadaar
8. You will be required to wash your hands for 20 seconds as you enter and leave the Gurdwara premises
9. Please FOLLOW THE HIGHLIGHTED route at all times. All other areas of the Gurdwara will remain closed including the kitchen area
10. Two-metre SOCIAL DISTANCING guidelines marked on the floor must be followed by everyone. To support this only individuals or households living together will be allowed in at a time
11. Sangat can only engage in individual personal prayer during the visit. There will be no path or kirtan taking place during the opening times
12. All children must stay with their parents AT ALL TIMES and must follow these guidelines
13. When visiting the Gurdwara please park in the main Gurdwara car park on Joseph Street/Leeds Road.
14. Entry will be via the main steps to the hall and exit will be vis the door at the kitchen. If you are disabled and require assistance, please ask one of the Sewadaars to allow you access from the exit doors
15. Please feel free to bring your own gloves, masks and sanitiser
16. Your TEMPERATURE WILL BE TAKEN upon arrival
17. Chaur Sahib and Parkamia is not permitted during your visit
18. DO NOT shake hands or hug any other person you meet
19. Dry Parshaad only will be available
Please help us to make sure that the Gurdwara is running safely and within guidelines so that we protect each and every one.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation during these challenging times. The events of this opening will be reviewed with a view to increasing the days and opening hours of the Gurdwara in due course.